MENU

Sunday, December 26, 2010

TOP 10: Best Buys of 2010


Merry Belated Christmas Everyone! Today I thought I would reflect upon some of the best beauty purchases I have made this year. I thought it was very hard to pick though, I mean it has been a long time since January and honestly I can't remember if i bought some products this year or last year :/ I am pretty sure that these products I am mentioning in this post are from the year of 2010. Enjoy!

#1: Too Faced Shadow Insurance

This has solved all of my eyeshadow woes. Before I used Urban Decay Primer Potion, yes I am a convert, and I decided to try this because I saw some of my Favorite people on Youtube love it. So I tried it and I will never go back to that stinky Urban Decay stuff. I am in love <3

#2: Shu Uemara Eyelash Curler
This eyelash curler is the best I have tried. I have tried about 6. Ranging quality wise, and this one is the best. Can I describe why? No. Why not? I don't know. Can I just say because it is?
#3: MAC Lip Liner in Burgandy
Yummy! I love red lipsticks and liner and this one is just awesome. Gives that real "I just drank your boyfriends blood" or "I just murdered a cherry". I think I like this because it looks striking against my lilly white skin, and creates an awesome contrast. The formula is very nice to!
#4:Dior Show Mascara
My first High end Mascara! I love everything about this! The wand is very thick and full in bristles and gets every lash. The formula is great as well! I will say when I first got this mascara I hated it. Just shows that you give everything a second chance. Applying the mascara is a technique, not hard but acquired through application.
#5: Kat Von D Tattoo Concealer in Porcelain
This concealer was really just something to tide me over because I needed a new concealer and needed to stop mourning over my BELOVED Makeup Forever Full cover concealer in #2. Thank you for discontinuing only my shade in the united states and making it permanent everywhere else in the world! But I was surprised to find that this is a great dupe for this! It covers extremely well, and matches me well. It smells slightly of paint but you can get over it.
#6: Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper
BEST. EYELINER. EVER. I am so serious. If I had to live with only one makeup product I would pick this. It is so black, and goes on smooth, and you have so much control! It is so easy to put on, and everything i love in an eyeliner in so much more!

#7: Makeup Forever Mat Velvet + in Alabaster
This is my Holy grail foundation. Yes it is full coverage, but I sheer it out with a damp sponge and get about medium coverage with it. It doesn't break me out, goes on lovely, and takes great pictures. Actually helps my skin, believe it or not! Have had this forever, and recently bought my 3rd bottle this year.

#8: Vera Wang Flower Princess
One of my Favorite perfumes! At first I didn't like it on me. I have the kind of skin genetics that scents that smell great in the bottle smell like icky caca on me. And likewise if they smell like icky Caca in the bottle they smell really good on me. This is one of the 3 i have found that breaks the rules and smells good on both me and in the bottle. Very flowery and light.

#9: MAC Dainty Blush:
My favorite blush. I can honestly say that I never wore blush regularly until September of this year, when I realized that I am so pale i look unhealthy and dead if I don't wear it. This blush was the first I liked, and it got me to blush experimentation. This gives me a healthy glow, and this blush is actually glowy and has a shimmery sheen to it.
#10: Fyrinnae Pigments

I finally caved into these babies after so much hype and talk about them. They are so pigmented, shimmery, glittery, buttery, ___insert word__y! They have amazing texture and quality for being sooo inexpensive! The colors are so unique and just.... dreamy!

#11 (Hehe): Rose Fix+
I love this! I sets all of your face makeup so it doesn't look heavy or cakey and gives you a radiant glow to your face. I also gives me a dewy look sometimes (since you are squirting water on your face ;P) which makes it look like you aren't wearing any makeup at all! The rose specifically makes some insignificant difference compared to the normal Fix+ but it does and it is better than the normal one. Again don't know why but it is!

What are your Top 10/11 products for 2010?
XOX
~Megan


1 comment: