MENU

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Stila Sparkle Waterproof liquid Eye Liner in "Bora Bora" Review & Swatches


Bonjour! Aujourd'ui I am going to review the new Stila waterproof liquid liner! I would say I got this a couple weeks ago and it was something that I swatched in the store, and it was so vibrant and pretty that I absolutely needed to have it in my life ( story of my life, lol)! I put it on the night I bought it to go out to dinner, and It was great! It didn't move. I will say that I did notice that these liners look suspiciously similar to the ones MAC, and Illamasqua launched around the same time. I must say that even though I loved this on my eye, I was really disappointed with it. 
COLOR:
 I do really adore these kind of mermaid colors, its my weakness! Great color, especially if you were graced with brown eyes.
PIGMENTATION: 
This sucker is about as pigmented as they come. One swipe, and eyegasm all over the place. I'm not exaggerating the tiniest bit either. I tested some other colors out, but I found this one to be the most pigmented.
WEAR:
 It wears so good, that i couldn't get it off my eye! It was the most dreadful thing I have experienced. Even after going to town with my makeup wipe, and then a Chanel eye makeup remover it wouldn't come off. It stained my eye for 2 days. And nothing would cover it, so I was stuck with wearing the blue eyeliner look for in total 3 days. This makes me sad, I had high hopes. This is in fact TOO waterproof!
APPLICATION:
 It applies like I said suspiciously like the MAC and Illamasqua ones. The applicator and packaging is identical just with a different brand name printed on the label. It isn't realistic with this kind of applicator to want to put on a thin layer, it always comes out to be more of a medium to heavy thickness.
PRICE:
 22$ for 0.05 oz. Which is WAY to overpriced for such a small amount of product.
Overall:
I would not repurchase this, I am not a fan of stila liquid liners in general anyways. If you want one similar to this get the Illamasqua one. I have the MAC one and when you take it off the eyeliner balls up in tiny balls and beads off your eye which could scratch your eye and cause some serious damage. And of course this eyeliner stains so opt for the Illamasqua one.







2 comments:

  1. Ooooh this looks lovely, too bad about the staining. Also, I don't know where to buy stila in the uk to try it myself, but I have high hopes for the new Make-up Forever liners! Can't wait to try some! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it is a shame :( But I am super excited about the Make Up For Ever ones too! I am eyeing about 5 or 6 and will pick them up this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete